August 10, 2020 - August 31, 2020
READ Saskatoon Virtual Golf Tournament for Literacy
Monday, August 10-17, 2020
Join us for our first virtual event in support of literacy. The event will run from August 10-17th through our website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts. You will be introduced to our literacy champions of 2020, get to know the learner award winner, and still hit the course in a safe way at a time that works for you and your team.
Support literacy and participate in the following ways:
- Register to golf and play anytime at the Willows Golf and Country Club with a cart for $200(no expiry on golf pass) and receive a $100 charitable receipt
- Register a team (4) and you and 3 friends can play anytime at the Willows Golf and Country Club with a cart for $800(no expiry on the golf passes and receive a $400 charitable receipt
- Purchase a $20 raffle ticket for a chance to win a Traeger BBQ (value $1200)
- Purchase a $20 raffle ticket to win one of two 9 Mile gift packages (value $350/each)
- Not a golfer but still want to support literacy? Make a donation and receive charitable receipt.
The Willows Golf & Country Club has opened its doors to READ Saskatoon golfers. When you register, you have the option to donate your spot or donate and receive a voucher for a round of golf (18 holes) with a cart. This voucher will be emailed to you after registration.
READ Saskatoon is connecting with our community online:
Children with education savings are 3x more likely to enroll in post-secondary. This spring 11 families completed the Matched Savings program by participating in money management workshops and opening RESPs for their children.
9 families completed READ Saskatoon’s first virtual family literacy program: 1, 2, Buckle My Shoe! Children's books and parent resources were dropped off at participant’s homes and our staff sang songs and nursery rhymes, and did activities through zoom!
Our Lead program continues online. Currently 50% of our adult literacy coaches and adult learners are continuing their learning through phone or computer weekly.
- A Reading Guide virtual program was also piloted in the spring and many are choosing to continue into the summer.
Thank you to our valued sponsors!
Bookings are closed for this event.